Monday 7 September 2009

Of all the books in all the world

It was my birthday a few days ago and I went throught to Glasgow to have lunch with my daughters. Of course when I was there I went into Tam Shepards to get a copy of The Complete Walton. I was told the first volume was now out of print and the last copy sold about ten days ago. So I brought a copy of volume two (and a copy of the essentail Dia Vernon, not cheap, but a nice book!!)

After this I went to the art shop just up the road where I bumped into a friend and fellow magician David Benedict, we were in the art shop chatting about magic and I noticed one of the staff watching us. He started chatting and said his brother was intretsed in magic and had started to do magic shows around Glasgow. His brother had a number of books on magic. He had just brought the first volume of the Complete Walton, about ten days ago....! This mans brother had brought the last copy of the book I wanted. Of all the books in all the world his brother had to buy my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment