Monday 20 April 2009

Bring and buy

Well here it is my second blog!. I went to the Edinburgh Magic Circles bring and buy sale this evening.

The Edinburgh circle meets in a club in central Edinburgh near Princess Street. I've just been put on the committee which I must admit I am pleased about. Most people think magic circles are full of professional magicians doing deep cleaver things but that's not the reality of it. They tend to be full of middle aged men doing card tricks and talking about the good old days and great magicians of the past and they all wear brown and sports jackets.

I took a load of rubbish to the sale, but I did manage to sell a copy of my manuscript on cold reading which I was pleased with and brought some DVDs and books. I've decided to not look at any new stuff until I have gone carefully through what I already have. I only try to buy things that will fit into my act and nothing made from plastic or too 'proppy' looking if you know what I mean. On the whole I am quite good at this (OK some times I slip up!)

http://www.paultemplemagic.com/
http://www.scotish-magicians.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment